[Nottingham] Hanson Chinese Meeting Update

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 15:24:01 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Martin wrote:

> Robert Postill wrote:
> [...]
> > As for the installfest the event is confirmed.  The What's On brochure
> > is at the printers (hopefully out soon!)
>
> Good. We'll have to do something now!
>

> > ...and next months meeting is
> > scheduled for the battle of the bootable CD distros (I'm burning my way
> > through Slackware Live, Knoppix, Morphix and RPM-livelinuxcd). ...
>
> ... And DemoLinux and CoolLinux?...
>
> (And what of Lindows... But then again, you can make Mandrake look like
> WinXP and so on...)

IMHO the point of the 'Linux Demo Day' is to advertise and promote GNU/Linux not
something that looks like Windows.  We can have a have a nice flashy touchy feely GUI
and some great Demos without leaving  people thinking G/L is a windows clone or a
poor man's windows.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,