[Nottingham] Hanson Chinese Meeting Update

James Gibbon nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 17:23:00 2003

Robert Postill wrote:

> Unfortunately I missed Wednesday's meeting, how did you get the
> trains to work?  My journey from London took a good four and a
> half hours (stream of abuse towards Midland Strainline expunged :)
> so I got into Nottingham about 10:45...

I have come to despise Midland Mainline over the last three months.

I've taken their 11:05 service from Derby to London four times.
Once, the train arrived at St Pancras station a mere ten minutes
late.  The other three journeys were delayed by 45, 30 and 40
minutes.  What I find most unacceptable is that in two cases, this
was simply because one of their train crew failed to turn up at
Derby station on time, which to me stinks of incompetence.

There's an old adage that if you're satisfied with a product or
service, you tell two or three people, whereas if you're
dissatisfied, you tell six or seven.  Isn't the internet great? :o)