[Nottingham] Odd behaviour in KDE

Iain Lennon nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 09:57:01 2003

Hi,
I've noticed a problem with file copying in KDE which I think is probably due
to my wireless network, but I'm looking for confirmation before I hit the
mailing lists again.

I'm using Mandrake 9.1
My workhorse computer has a bekin wireless USB device, detected by the kernel,
and with the help of a bash script in rc.d configures on boot up to talk to
my server using a prism2 based PCMCIA card.

Copying files of more than approx .5 Mb using KDE leads to an error
"could not write to /mnt/multimedia/file...." with cancel / skip /autoskip
options.

However, so long as the file is less than 1mb pressing skip / auto skip will
see the file written. If it is greater than 1MB its truncated.

Sending the file via gftp to the server using ssh is trouble free.
Downloading files using KDE works without error

Any thoughts?

--
Iain Lennon