[Nottingham] Odd behaviour in KDE

Iain Lennon nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 17:43:00 2003

All transfers are truncated at 1081344 bytes in length: just an observation
The mount is under NFS.

It seems to be an upload only problem (I've now noted the same thing from my
laptop to the server over a PCMCIA wireless link)
The devices involved are PCMCIA (ZoomAir 4105) on server and laptop and USB
(Belkin F5D6050) on my office machine

Drivers are wlan-ng 0.2.0-pre10 for the zoom card, and the ATMEL driver for
the belkin
Can't see any untoward activity in /var/log/syslog on either client or server
side

iwconfig reports signal level 17 and link quality 100 on the ATMEL device.
wireless-tools are not theat reliable with wlan-ng so I haven't installed
them!

ssh transfers (using gftp as client) and transfers over to the samba server
are not curtailed in any way. (for my sins I run win4lin on my office box,
which accesses the server via samba: a 7mb transfer worked well)

It seems like a protocol thing.
I'm off to see if I can replicate this in Gnome, but hope this extra info
helps

Iain