[Nottingham] Odd behaviour in KDE

Iain Lennon nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 20:30:00 2003

All my packages come from the 9.1 Mandrake
Both Office comp and server have these packages:
nfs-utils-1.0.1-1mdk
nfs-utils-clients-1.0.1-1mdk
portmap 4.0-20mdk (up and running)

Tried this in Gnome, and got an I/O error at the same file size, but was able
to complete uploading of the file after retrying

Apologies for the long reports, I'm not up to interpreting this info: its
outside my limited networking understanding!!

Hope anyone has some ideas. I'll post any other log sections which people
might find helpful

Server netstat-s report
Ip:
    1923961 total packets received
    184 forwarded
    0 incoming packets discarded
    1694051 incoming packets delivered
    1704273 requests sent out
    220 fragments dropped after timeout
    2039526 reassemblies required
    343627 packets reassembled ok
    220 packet reassembles failed
    303371 fragments received ok
    3595184 fragments created
Icmp:
    5245 ICMP messages received
    0 input ICMP message failed.
    ICMP input histogram:
        destination unreachable: 2239
        timeout in transit: 2828
        echo requests: 178
    950 ICMP messages sent
    0 ICMP messages failed
    ICMP output histogram:
        destination unreachable: 772
        echo replies: 178
Tcp:
    9120 active connections openings
    5997 passive connection openings
    0 failed connection attempts
    0 connection resets received
    11 connections established
    616043 segments received
    630237 segments send out
    5551 segments retransmited
    0 bad segments received.
    1909 resets sent
Udp:
    1079628 packets received
    734 packets to unknown port received.
    0 packet receive errors
    1073168 packets sent
TcpExt:
    3 resets received for embryonic SYN_RECV sockets
    2 packets pruned from receive queue because of socket buffer overrun
    ArpFilter: 0
    7415 TCP sockets finished time wait in fast timer
    1 time wait sockets recycled by time stamp
    16 packets rejects in established connections because of timestamp
    10367 delayed acks sent
    14 delayed acks further delayed because of locked socket
    Quick ack mode was activated 227 times
    12735 packets directly queued to recvmsg prequeue.
    53804 packets directly received from backlog
    8541491 packets directly received from prequeue
    209982 packets header predicted
    10502 packets header predicted and directly queued to user
    TCPPureAcks: 44475
    TCPHPAcks: 187071
    TCPRenoRecovery: 0
    TCPSackRecovery: 765
    TCPSACKReneging: 0
    TCPFACKReorder: 0
    TCPSACKReorder: 0
    TCPRenoReorder: 0
    TCPTSReorder: 0
    TCPFullUndo: 0
    TCPPartialUndo: 0
    TCPDSACKUndo: 0
    TCPLossUndo: 161
    TCPLoss: 600
    TCPLostRetransmit: 0
    TCPRenoFailures: 0
    TCPSackFailures: 316
    TCPLossFailures: 2
    TCPFastRetrans: 772
    TCPForwardRetrans: 18
    TCPSlowStartRetrans: 17
    TCPTimeouts: 1168
    TCPRenoRecoveryFail: 0
    TCPSackRecoveryFail: 85
    TCPSchedulerFailed: 9
    TCPRcvCollapsed: 71
    TCPDSACKOldSent: 190
    TCPDSACKOfoSent: 0
    TCPDSACKRecv: 51
    TCPDSACKOfoRecv: 0
    TCPAbortOnSyn: 0
    TCPAbortOnData: 122
    TCPAbortOnClose: 9
    TCPAbortOnMemory: 0
    TCPAbortOnTimeout: 674
    TCPAbortOnLinger: 0
    TCPAbortFailed: 0
    TCPMemoryPressures: 0

Server nfsstat
erver rpc stats:
calls      badcalls   badauth    badclnt    xdrcall
1053765    0          0          0          0
Server nfs v2:
null       getattr    setattr    root       lookup     readlink
1      100% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
read       wrcache    write      create     remove     rename
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
link       symlink    mkdir      rmdir      readdir    fsstat
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%

Server nfs v3:
null       getattr    setattr    lookup     access     readlink
1       0% 666957 63% 95      0% 39909   3% 227     0% 4       0%
read       write      create     mkdir      symlink    mknod
304111 28% 40279   3% 321     0% 27      0% 0       0% 0       0%
remove     rmdir      rename     link       readdir    readdirplus
13      0% 0       0% 42      0% 0       0% 929     0% 0       0%
fsstat     fsinfo     pathconf   commit
111     0% 111     0% 0       0% 627     0%

Client rpc stats:
calls      retrans    authrefrsh
0          0          0
Client nfs v2:
null       getattr    setattr    root       lookup     readlink
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
read       wrcache    write      create     remove     rename
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
link       symlink    mkdir      rmdir      readdir    fsstat
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%

Client nfs v3:
null       getattr    setattr    lookup     access     readlink
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
read       write      create     mkdir      symlink    mknod
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
remove     rmdir      rename     link       readdir    readdirplus
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%
fsstat     fsinfo     pathconf   commit
0       0% 0       0% 0       0% 0       0%