[Nottingham] Intresting Stuff...Who Own's What???

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 14:12:00 2003

On Thursday 21 Aug 2003 13:46, Lee wrote:
> Does SCO own us??
>
> http://www.perens.com/SCO/SCOSlideShow.html

This one is worth a look, Linus certainly has a way of getting his point
across, it would be fun actually to have him testify like that in court.

Torvalds Slams SCO    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1227081,00.asp

Torvalds: They are smoking crack. Their slides said there are [more than]
800,000 lines of SMP code that are "infringing," and they are just off their
rocker. The SMP code was written by a number of Linux people I know well (I
did a lot of the SMP IRQ scalability myself, personally), so their claims are
just ludicrous. And they claim they own JFS [journaled file system
technology] too. Whee. They're not shy about claiming ownership of other
people's code-while at the same time beating their breasts about how they
have been wronged. So the SCO people seem to have a few problems keeping the
truth straight, but if there is something they know all about, it's
hypocrisy.

Rob