[Nottingham] Event Publicity. The LUG as a whole.

Mo nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 25 20:46:01 2003

Hello all.

There is a lot of potential in the ideas posted recently. Everyone as
individuals and as a group seem to be well motivated in trying to bring
Linux to 'The Masses', everyone seems to be moving in the same
direction.

The impact that Nottingham Linux User Group could have on the computing
theatre both locally and nationally could be truly historic. The
important move has been made away from a group of hobbyists to a
movement with a clear aim.

I would ask you all to visit the postings archive and look at its
content. Theres a huge shift in trends; from a group of people asking
each other for technical advise to talking about producing local Linux
Expo's to introduce people to Linux on mass.

If a stronger structure can be created within the LUG we can achieve
anything we want.

I myself am new to the LUG (read into this what you will). Being on what
might be regarded as 'The Fringe' gives me an excellent perspective of
the movements of Nottingham LUG, all be it if only from reading these
postings.

My intension's to join you all at the next meeting will hopefully
provide a clearer insight into the internal mechanisms of the LUG.

I look foward to bringing some ideas to the meetings and seeing what we
can do together as a group.

In addition to the above, Martin makes a excellent point in the reply to
Michael Leuty's email (August 19th 2003). A Communications Officer would
be ideal to manage all the PA . Once I have met you all and got slightly
more familiar I'd be happy to do what I can in this area.