[Nottingham] Amusing Flash

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 21:59:01 2003

Alex Tibbles wrote:
>  --- Bunter Matthew <matthew.bunter@renaultvi.com>
> wrote: > Yet more stuff to keep you from working.
>

> http://www.sydes.net/jokes/flash/switch_to_linux.html
> grrr. no flash plugin for mozilla since 1.1. none at
> all for Konqueror or Firebird..... googling reveals
> that it is hard to get the plugin to work in these
> browsers. and of course i'd have to sacrifice the
> idealogical purity of my debian machine ;)
>
> alex

Yep... The flashiness is strangely non-visible for this Mozilla also,
despite:

Installed plug-ins
Find more information about browser plug-ins at Netscape.com.
Help for installing plug-ins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.

[...]

Shockwave Flash

     File name: libmozswfdec.so
     Shockwave Flash 6.0 animation viewer handled by Swfdec-0.2.1. Plays
SWF animations, commonly known as Macromedia® Flash®.

     This is alpha software. It will probably behave in many situations,
but may also ride your motorcycle, drink all your milk, or use your
computer to browse porn. Comments, feature requests, and patches are
welcome.

     See http://swfdec.sourceforge.net/ for information.

     Flash, Shockwave, and Macromedia are trademarks of Macromedia, Inc.
Swfdec is not affiliated with Macromedia, Inc.

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
Shockwave Flash

     File name: libflashplayer.so
     Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

Not been enthused to investigate further thus far...

Martin

(Mandrake 9.1)

martin@ml1.co.uk