[Nottingham] Telnet with 'comfort shell' features for talkinjg to dumb server control programs

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 15 21:13:01 2003

On Saturday 15 February 2003 20:49, you wrote:
> On Sunday 16 February 2003 03:19, you wrote:
> > Oddly enough, your answer may lie in looking for a 'MUD'
> > (Multi-User-Dungeon/Deathmatch) client for whatever platform you're using
> > - mcl is a good command line one, try kmuddy for a kde-based one. These
> > have all the features you requested, as they are designed to make playing
> > on telnet-based internet games a pleasurable experience. You'll have to
> > pipe it through ssh somehow, but that is certainly possible :)
>
> What I really really like about this answer, is that it's a brilliant
> reason to install MUD clients on 'sysadmin' machines *evil grin*

Another lateral thinking answer which would be suitable using a good client
like Kvirc :)

http://freshmeat.net/projects/irctelnet/?topic_id=22%2C86%2C84%2C912

  IRC->Telnet
  by Moshe Zadka - Sunday, March 24th 2002 17:47 PST

About:
 IRC->Telnet is a bridge which allows you to use IRC clients to access
telnet-based online games like MUSHes, MUDs, and MOOs.

Rob