[Nottingham] NanNet

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 21:06:01 2003

Hmm, where did you get that oftel quote from? ??? bizzare???

Yeah, I've been looking at those mesh ap's, very nice, it's 2.4.18
kernel, with all the wireless drivers (pcmcia, usb, pci) prism2 built=20
in. All runs without a harddisk too.... The hardware version is a
fanless machine, 500mhz, runs X windows, etc etc, all good for =A3250
quid... :-)...=20

Te routing protocol is interesting, uses AODV , which is seems suited to
adhoc , mobile wireless networks, sound yummy to me. I'm going to get a
few and see what they run like (if at all) :-).... =20

Now I just need 802.11g drivers for linux, and my journey away from the
dark side will be complete....

Cheers,
Lee
'obiWAN has networked u well'=20