[Nottingham] linux on sparc

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 12:26:03 2003

Hi,
On my Ultra 10 (well not really mine, work owns it, I abuse it :) the
procedure to boot from cd is to stop the boot by hitting stop and a on
the keyboard then when the openboot prom prompt pops up (its the one
that says ok) type "boot cdrom". Your install CD should boot and off you
go!  The biggest difference is the openboot prom replaces the BIOS on a
PC.  It's slower but a lot more powerfull.  You can find info on the
prom environment in solaris certification documentation as well as the
sun.com bigadmin site.
Robert.