[Nottingham] Meeting January 8th

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 13:43:02 2003

Hiya Folks,

Back online after the Christmas - New Year alternative hackings...

No meetings update on http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/ so:

Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
  > Okay folks, it's decision time. January's meeting is a social one on
  > Wednesday 8th. The when is usually 20:00 for drinks and earlier
  > for food. I suggest 18:30 for food at the place of choice (see
  > below), that way we might just get to the pub by 20:00 ;) Now we
  > just need a where...
  >
  > Munchies -------
  >
  > The 'Spanish' restaurant alluded to in a previous mail is (I believe)
  > Copocci (56-58, Upper Parliament St, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire,
  > NG1 2AG)
  > I had a look last night and it seems to be Italian/Spanish/Mexican.
  > Prices were ~7.00 GBP for pasta,  ~8 - 12 GBP for other main courses
  > or 15.00 GBP for tapas for two.
  >
  > If this sounds a bit much I suggest we default back to Pizza hut.

Well remembered and spot on! (Just round the corner from Langtrys & The
Turf Tavern.) I've had the Mexican selections in there a few times now.
Always been good.

My vote is firstly Copocci, secondly Pizza Hut on Market Square.

  > Drinks
  > ------
  >
  > I'd like to try the Bell Inn ( 18, Angel Row, Nottingham,
  > Nottinghamshire NG1 6HL)

Fine and seems ok since its refurbishment. The best meeting area would
be in the bar upstairs so that we can elbow the non-tech riff-raff out.
(:-))

Cheers,
Martin.

(Resend to save hassling the moderator due to return email address...)

martin@ml1.co.uk