[Nottingham] Re-installing GRUB

Siddle, James nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 16:18:00 2003

If RH 7.2 is anything like Suse 8.1, it might have auto-recovery
functionality available during installation. I managed to screw up my =
mbr
about 4 times when I was setting up me machine, and each time I just =
booted
with the Suse CD in the drive and it asked me if I wanted to fix the
installation . . . which worked a treat.
=20
James Siddle BSc(Hons) MBCS
Software Engineer
Contract Engineering

Telephone: +44 (0) 115 943 2313
Fax: +44 (0) 115 943 4969
E-mail: james.siddle@siemens.com <mailto:james.siddle@siemens.com>=20

Siemens Communications
Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1LA, UK
http://www.siemenscomms.co.uk <http://www.siemenscomms.co.uk/>=20

Siemens Communications - a division of Siemens plc, Registered No: =
727817,
England. Registered office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, =
Berkshire,
RG12 8FZ.
This communication contains information which is confidential and may =
also
be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are =
not
the addressee please note that any distribution, reproduction, copying,
publication or use of this communication or the information is =
prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please contact us
immediately and also delete the communication from your computer. We =
accept
no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from =
use
of this e-mail.