[Nottingham] Re-installing GRUB

malcolm_read nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 19:47:00 2003

I use Lilo not Grub.
With Lilo, you just enter "lilo" command. This re-reads /etc/lilo.conf &
writes the relevant boot loader to the MBR.
Given Grub is a replacement for Lilo, (& presumably better) one would hope
similar feature exists.

You can get lots of info on grub if you issue "info grub" command from
console. You can read it yourself.

Regards, Malcolm