[Nottingham] Students

Nick B. nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 17:05:01 2003

I just stumbled on this list by accident, its great to see there is a
thriving Linux support group in Nottingham!

I'm a recent Debian convert, I see that is popular here. Had previous
experiences with Slackware 3  and then Mandrake 7/8  versions going back to
kernel 2.0.something-or other. Most of my stuff is done on an old IBM
Thinkpad laptop, I was able to start from a very minimal installation
with Debian/Woody, something I could never do with Mandrake 8 series.
For some reason that would only crawl along. Debian really ecipsed it
performance-wise.
Can't program in C to save my life but done some useful stuff with Perl.

I shall just sit here and lurk for a while to see what you all get up to
:^) I may even comment on the quality of city-centre pubs such as the
down-turn of the Bell...

Best regards,
Nick B.
(ex student, Trent Poly 1981->1984)