[Nottingham] linux laptop with printing

Martin Waryniak nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 22:28:00 2003

Alex,

I am using  RedHat 7.3 i think on my Toshiba laptop. I wouldn't worry
too much about Linmux not working on a laptop nowadays. From my
experience (friends using linux on laptops) the essentials will always
work, such as sound, mouse internet. grapics also alwas work but not
neccessariily to the best they could be if ur graphics card is not
recognised through Linux.  I don't know about printing because i haven't
tried it yet on mine but opefully is the printer supplies linux drivers
it sholdn't cause a problem.
Also, i dont know if ur gf needs the printer just for documents or also
wants to work with graphics, the tool gimp is free and can produce
excellent results,
Martin