Recording TV onto PC : WAS [Nottingham] Students

Tom Bird nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 19:16:00 2003

On 11 Jan 2003, Lee wrote:

> I got my pinnacle dc10 video card working with mandrake linux, needed to
> compile a few drivers, but the thing worked really well, I seem to get
> much better quality capture using linux, but that may just be my
> imagination, or am I biased towards pengiun techology?
>
> it's based on the zoran chipset by the way....
>
> I can only get mpeg1 quality, if you need mpeg2 you'r going to have to
> ask someone else.....

The pinnacle dc10 spits out MJPEG, not MPEG.  Quality wise, that can go
right up to the top, but needs software intervention to make MPEG type
files... but since the mpeg stage would be in software, i don't see why
that should stop it being used to make mpeg 2 or above files.

I've got a dc10 myself, and have grabbed and played back through it, but
haven't yet tried making mpeg files.

--
Tom  [www.hambule.co.uk] [tom@hambule.co.uk]