[Nottingham] Inter-LUG Paintball (fwd)

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 15 02:34:00 2003

Hi,

This also applies to Nottingham as it went out to Lugmaster recently.

I would be interested but will play for whichever of OxLUG or Nottingham
actually go :-)

Jon.

----- Forwarded message from Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com> -----

It is looking like each LUG will need to provide a
team of 5 players. Each team will play in a series of
playoffs to determine which team is the winner of the
event.

The location of the paintball site is likely to be in
North Yorkshire (Barnard Castle). The reason for this
is that my brother runs a paintball field, and as such
I can work more closely with him organising it and
hopefully get a decent discount. Note: you will need
to make your own travel arrangements to the site.

the dates of the event have not been confirmed yet,
but it is likely it will be held on a saturday (and
sunday if there is more interest).

What I need to know from you guys is the teams that
you are submitting. Could each LUGMaster send me an
email to jono@kde.org with the following details:

 - LUG Name
 - The name of the five team members
 - Any dates when the team are not available

LUG's are are welcome to club together to form teams,
so if one lug has two interested people and another
has three, you can form a dual LUGged team.

Could those LUGmasters who have lugs that are not
getting involved please send me an email saying you
are not interested. I am going to be hopefully
checking each LUG in the UK to ensure they know the
event is taking place and have an opportunity to
attend.

I will let you all know specifics as I get them, but
the sooner I get emails from interested parties, the
sooner I can begin sorting out dates.

Cheers,

   Jono

=====