[Nottingham] Re: February

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 00:02:01 2003

> > > A somewhat stickier issue is money.  The usual room in Beeston costs GBP
> > > 12.50 (+1.00 for OHP) for the night.  I paid the last two meetings there
> > > but obviously don't want to keep doing this indefinitely.  How should we
> > > as a LUG handle the issue of contributions and money ?
> >
> > Marcel's idea sounds fine, but set it at say £1.50 pp and any excess
> > goes to subsidise quieter meetings.
>
> I had thought of that, however, it would mean that someone would have to
> collect money, keep accounts, bank the money,  etc.
>
> If four people turn up, they pay more. If ten people turn up they pay less.
> Simple.
>
> Marcel

You seem to be forgetting that with no funds some sucker (at the moment me)
has to stump up funds ahead of time with no guarentee of getting them back.
No money also means we are restricted to free publicity - this includes the posters/arrows to tell you which room the meeting is in which so far have been quite rustic.

While the last couple of meetings have had good attendance there are a lot of people on this list who are very good at saying they will come along but who I have yet to meet (and I've only missed one meeting this past year).

I'm not sure what the best solution is but IMHO a random amount depending on attendance is a bad idea (think trying to divy change at the end of the meal).

Have fun
Duncan