[Nottingham] Hosting your own domain/s?

Kus nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 11:24:01 2003

>This is the "tragedy of the commons", people abuse it, why do you think
>Business services cost more?  It's not just because business ppl don't care
>about money you know.

Again, I PAY for this service. I will use it. Its not abuse.

>You talked about a 24/7 apparently international FTP service, and NTL will be
>loosing money on serving you.  This sort of thing might well explain why some
>NTL users are very disatisfied with the QoS, here I'm lucky, it's generally
>fine execpt at peaks on evenings and weekends, which I can work round.

I dont have any problems. As for ntl loosing money on me, they are providing a service. I pay for it. There is NO small print in ntl's service agreement stating I cant run a server.

In addition, ntl's business staff are completely incompetant. I never even returned their contract agreement and they charged me 15.99 for 6 months. With that kind of staffing, they'll be bust within
a year anyway ...

Kus.
http://slashdot.org

Free E-mail for life. http://www.jmail.co.jp