[Nottingham] Debian lilo problems

Tony Leake nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 22 08:22:01 2003

I have now got this working, thanks for the suggestions. I checked the bios,
as Derek suggested and I do have anti-virus protection but it wasn't turned
on.

Next I installled a minimal mandrake over debian and it's lilo worked fine,
also picking up my original mandrake from the other hard drive.

I then re-installed debian and for whatever reason it didn't overwrite lilo
that mandrake had installed ??
So after disconnecting the debian drive and using a mandrake rescue disk I
finally got my original bootloader reinstalled and got it to boot debian
too. So everything works for now, thanks for the help, I'm just sweating a
little that if I like debian and decide to trash mandrake altogether (which
is the original plan) I may have all of this agin in a few months ;(

Oh yeah, the reason my original debian boot cd was failing... It helps if
you have boot from floppy turned on in the bios ;)

tony