[Nottingham] Getting Outlook Express files into Evolution

Ben Blackburne nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jul 28 11:05:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 10:43, Bunter Matthew wrote:
> >> Is there a simple way to get these folders into Evolution?
>
> >two step I'm afraid - you need to import into mozilla mail, then
> >export to mbox, then import into evolution.
>
> OK I'll download mbox and try.

mbox is a format that Mozilla can export and Evolution can import. You
don't need to download anything else AFAIK.

> >What probs are you getting with burning CD's?
>
> I sent a mail titled gnome toaster with the following message :

<snip>

This may be a silly question, but are you using the ide-scsi kernel
module? I always used to have problems with anything but xcdroast when I
burned CDs - that was down to the cd-writer being claimed by the icd-cd
module.

Try running

rmmod ide-cd
modprobe ide-scsi

as root and try again.

If that fails - try xcdroast - its a little tricky to use at first, but
it has been the most reliable gui cd-burner in my (limited) experience.

Hope some of this helps.

Ben