[Nottingham] Matrix Reloaded

Martin Waryniak nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 03:51:01 2003

Interesting discussion so far. I personally feel that both films are
great (I watched Matrix (1) about 5 times + in the last few years
because it simply is a great film. Matrix Revolution is amazing as well,
the car chase - respect.

But I do not only like those films because of the visuals and the
(successful) attempt to push the boundary further and create something
never seen before. After watching the first film I tried to understand
all the metaphors and symbolism in the film. I wont go into details
about this but just say that I found the second film full of hidden
metaphors as well. I ran a search on google and came with this website
which very nicely analyses the second film from philosophers view. Have
a read, its very interesting.

http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm

Martin

--