[Nottingham] Wireless PCI Cards

Rob Andrews nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 20:04:03 2003

[04-Jun-2003 19:20.23 (BST) / Gareth Harcombe-Minson]
 > I just tried installing the .rpms for the said drivers, but I got the
 > following error:
 >
 > Starting WLAN Devices: modprobe: Can't locate module p80211
 > Failed to load p80211.o.
 >
 > Should I try to install the drivers from the source (with the kernel
 > source?)

I very honestly couldn't give you a shred of advice for RedHat; I'm one of
these narrow-minded Debian diehards who has not used RedHat in nearly 6
years and hence doesn't know what is going on with redhat kernels and redhat
kernel module packages.

But linux-wlan-ng WorksForMe(tm) and has lots more driver support. And is
far more actively maintained.

--
rob 'nine' andrews    <e> rob@impure.org.uk <finger> nine@impure.org.uk