[Nottingham] Computer woes

Alex Walker nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 5 09:57:01 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 04:15, Hussein Jodiyawalla wrote:
> Alex Walker wrote:
> >hdd: IC35L040AVER07-0, ATA DISK drive
>
> Gotta love 60GXP's.  Btw, no, I don't know how to get your data back,
> but with those IBM drives its always worth checking on this page:
> http://www.hgst.com/warranty/jsp/arma31.jsp to see whether your warranty
> is still valid as they are quite efficient to swap it out if it is.

Yeah, this one is already a replacement.  The first one I returned about a
month after I got it, it couldn't access beyond about the 25G mark... handy.
but yeah, I don't want to go returning this until I have my data :)

But yes, the warranty is still valid, at least that's something.

Alex

--
http://www.x3ja.co.uk/