[Nottingham] Computer woes

Alex Walker nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 5 12:49:00 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 12:07, James Gibbon wrote:
> Alex Walker wrote:
> > > 6. Pray to $DEITY
> > Yeah, should probably have started there... maybe woulda saved
> > me a load of hassle.
> A backup would probably have been more useful than a prayer,
> quite honestly.  Really sorry to hear of your loss, and I know
> this isn't particularly helpful, but .. did  you have no means
> of backing it up?

Well as you may have noticed in my list of broken things - that included my
CDRW drive.  However I hardly ever did back-ups anyway.  I think I have one
from about 3 months ago, before my CDRW broke, so I guess not all is lost.
But still 3 months is a lot of stuff :(

> I don't back up as often as I should, but the most I'm likely to
> lose is a week of emails at most.

Fortunately I do all my emails over IMAP to another server, so I shouldn't
lose them unless I do something silly on the server.

Alex

--
http://www.x3ja.co.uk/