[Nottingham] Computer woes

Alex Walker nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 5 17:41:01 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:57:35PM +0100, .waffle wrote:
> I ahve the 120Gb version of this drive... Which brings me round to a
> seperate query... I have just moved my NTFS partition up 8Gb so i can expand
> Linux slightly. How do I non-destructively enlargen an ext3 partition? I've
> seen ways of doing it with partition Magic, but that crashes my computer.
> Also, System Commander says I do not have enough memory for that task (I
> ahve 256mb...)

> Ideas anyone?

Use GNU parted, it can resize ext2/3 and various other things.  I
personally haven't had any issues with it.  It's not the most
user-friendly thing to use.  Be sure to unmount the partition before you
resize it.  If you can't do that - boot to a CD with parted on...

Alex

--
[ If we won't stand together, we don't stand a chance.                     ]
                  My on-line log.  http://www.x3ja.co.uk/