[Nottingham] Meeting, July 2nd 2003

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 30 22:56:01 2003

Martin wrote:
> Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>> It's that time of month when I send out the as  usual slightly late
>> mail to tell all you lovely people what we have planned for this
>> Wednesday coming (2nd July).
>>
>> This month, for your delectation and delight we have Mike telling
>> us about Samba (open source implementation of SMB/CIFS file services
>> for Linux/Unix or sharing resources with non-Linux/Unix OSs for those
>> who didn't understand that).
>>
>> The meeting will be at the unusual venue (thanks to Alex Harington) of:
>> Broadway Business Centre,  32a Stoney Street, just down from the Adams
>> Building and NCP car park.
>> Maps are available linked from the web site.
>>
>> As far as I know times will be 19:30-20:30 for the talk.
>>
>> Given that we will be a little way from our usual alcohol supplier
>> can anyone recomend an alternative closer to the meeting venue ?

OK folks. Due to a meagre response, and trying to be a little more
organised than 'just-in-time-the-night-before'...

I vote for meeting in the upper reaches of The Pit:

The Pit & Pendulum

Landlord: Iain Povey
Address: 17 Victoria Street, Nottingham, NG1 2EW
Tel: 011 5950 6383
Fax: 011 5958 0122
Email: pit.and.pendulum@eeriepubco.com
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 12-10.30pm

Map:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=457442&Y=339897&A=Y&Z=1

I'll be there (but no penguin (:-(( from about 18:30 onwards.

(And I think the Broadway Cafe will likely be crowded and noisy...)

martin@ml1.co.uk