[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Tom Bird nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 13:00:01 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, .waffle wrote:

> Nope. Although I know. It's to do with using unused frequencies on a PSTN
> line... You only use 10kHz of the line so ADSL uses the rest...

4 KHz.

Another point (old man mode on here), there seems to be an explosion of
"outlook quoting" and just down right laziness on this list recently.

There's an RFC on it somewhere (I'll dig it out) that recommends trimming
the quoted text (that means chopping the non relevant parts out) and
putting your reply *underneath* it.

If you're not careful, you end up with tens (hundreds perhaps) of KB of
cruft underneath every one or two line post.

Ah yes, RFC1855. http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html -- read, absorb.

--
Tom