[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Richard Nolan nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 19:02:01 2003

Iain Alexander said :
> Email traffic seems to be getting heaving in the mailing list, would it
> prudent to consider another method of communication instead of a
> listserver?
>
> I'm specifically thinking about web forum or perhaps irc?
>
> Thoughts. Opinions, flames always welcome :)

Aren't mailing lists ideal for high-traffic?

With IRC I can miss things when i'm not there.
With forums i have to be online, and use one specific interface to use
it..

I personally use much higher traffic lists with much sucess.. maybe it
would be easier for you to create some kind of filter so you only read
it when you want to?

--
Richard Nolan                                      http://www.choob.org/
richard@choob.org                               http://photos.choob.org/