[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Richard Nolan nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 6 16:27:02 2003

James Dobson said :
> I actually prefer web-boards as they provide a
> central, easy to search, easy to cut the fud,
> administrated location to discuss whatever. I
> personally find that 50%+ of the mail I get on the LUG
> is not really of interest to me (no offence) and I
> could cut most of this out by having a nice board that
> has headers for each thread. I'd still get the mail
> but like present I tend to ignore most of it unless a
> topic interests me.

Simon archives the lists if you need them, but does your mail client not
have a search facility in it? Does it not have threading, and/or a
to view them all?

> I say use it if you want or don't, but don't mock
> something that is actually better than a mail list
> just because you can't use it or a mouse ;) heh Tom!

Surely if it is better of not is your opinion? I personally think
mailing lists are far better - with or without a mouse :P

--
Richard Nolan                                      http://www.choob.org/
richard@choob.org                               http://photos.choob.org/