[Nottingham] April Meeting (Wednesday 2nd) - HUH!!

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 16:04:01 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Mike Martin wrote:

> Not to be pedantic - but last time I checked, I was supposed to be
> doing a talk on samba at the April meet - now a vacant slot

Sorry Mike,
I put out the 'calandar' to illicit opinions and feedback.
Apart from your willingness to do a samba talk I've not heared anything.
We had also been in touch with Dave Jones via Rob Andrews about doing
a talk in April.

With two presentations in a row (Feb and March) we got the feeling that
people wanted a social to break things up a little.  Alternate social
/ presentations seemed to work well so we are going to try to stick
with that format for now.

I would like to get Dave Jones along, see your Samba presentation
and anybody else who has something they want to tell us about.

As things stand we have the following proto calandar:

	April 2nd - Social = Muchies + Beer
	May 7th   - Presentation ???
	June 4th  - Social = Trip to The Matrix: Reloaded (released on 23rd May) ?

I would like a presentation to go ahead in May but as there is a strong possibility
I won't be able to make it I've left the organization to others (talk to Paul and
Roger).  We have the funds to book a 22.50 room at the Mechanics Institute for
the occassion but since I don't know what a 22.50 room comes with (power ?...)
this needs checking out (has anybody who said they would check this place out done so
yet ?).

Well, I think I've rambled enough for this email.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,