[Nottingham] Linux Awareness

Haber, Michael michael.haber at ntu.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 15:08:11 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I popped in to the awareness day in the afternoon and was impressed. Apologies for not helping out on anything.

I was with Bev who offers the following observations as someone unconnected with the group and interested in linux:

1)We could have made it clearer who you could talk to about what.

2)It could have been clearer which machines were running particular types of applications that people can play with without having to talk to anyone.

3)Scheduled talks/demos would have been nice if there are enough people.

4)Having someone greet people who were arriving and point them in the right direction. It could be intimidation walking into a room of blokes and not knowing who/what/where.

Mike (&Bev)