[Nottingham] NLUG Next Meeting(s) & web page

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 10:25:41 GMT 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Jon Masters wrote:

> Hi Duncan,
>
> I cannot make the next meeting so it will have been a while since I
> actually turned up but hopefully next time there is a Wednesday or a
> weekend gathering I can be there - for the benefit of others here I now
> live in Reading and work three days a week in Oxford.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon.

David's nursery days should be changing in mid December.
This will free up on Wednesday nights, or more accurately
my only free night will be Wednesday.
So, even if I do hear howls of comlaint I will be moving the
meetings back to Wednesday nights.

So far the proto schedule includes (from memory and
in no particular order in no particular order):
Nr Sessions	by.	Working title
6		Me	Learning Perl ( 1 programming fundamentals .. 6 Objects/CGI/Safety critical nuclear reactor subsystems)
2		Martin	BASH (or, how to escape from the command line ;)
1		James	The latest and greatest of KDE
1		Me.	Why C++ is the worst excuse for a language this side of existence.
1		$MrX	In defence of C++.

MrX = person who's name I have temporarily forgotten.

I'm aiming for some of them (like the perl course) to be run as 1/1.5 hour 'lessons' every two weeks rather than once a month.

At the moment I'm trying to find a buffer exploit in reality so I can gain privileged access.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,