[Nottingham] hcfpciconfig problem under Mandrake 9.2

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Wed Nov 26 19:11:52 GMT 2003

Hi James

I have been trying to compile stuff, but gave
up with MDK 9.2 (release) when the
kernel.src.rpm didn't put anything under
/usr/src

Did it work for you?

I have reverted to MDK 9.2 RC2 where
/usr/src/linux points to the kernel source
from the .rpm, but it is a few -mdk versions
old.

Do you know where the headers go? I don't
know if you actually need the source, or to
compile a kernel to get the headers. Can
anyone explain?

I have been head banging round the GCC issue
thing. One release of MDK (9.2 beta2 I think)
wouldn't load a module compiled in GCC 2.*
because it was a GCC 3.* release. I have now
found that the insmod flag -f will force the
issue, but I'm not sure that would have
helped with that release. The ban on mixed
modules has gone away in 9.2 release (and RC2
before that.)

Sorry I can't help about the asm thing with a
string over multi-lines. I knew that strings
over a line-end are now a no-no, but chunks
of assembly code must be different. Keep
looking.

Pete