[Nottingham] hcfpciconfig problem under Mandrake 9.2

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Wed Nov 26 19:21:13 GMT 2003

James Gibbon wrote:

> Martin wrote:
>

> > Using gcc 3.x.x?
> >

> Yep ..
>
> > Try gcc 2.95...
> >

> > The way multi-line strings are handled has been updated I believe. Look
> > in the gcc changes log.
> >

> Thanks Martin.  But might it be easier to modify the code?  If so
> - can anyone provide a pointer?

Sorry to answer my own question, but after a few minutes Googling,
I worked out how to modify the code - basically by simply appending
\n\ to the end of each line in the assembler block, to concatenate
it across the split lines. After that, the driver compiled quickly and
cleanly and it works well, so big smiles all round.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Martin.

James