[Nottingham] A newbie speaks... nervously

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Nov 27 14:53:04 GMT 2003

Salut Nottingham!

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 02:05:48PM +0000, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> Knoppix is based on Debian.
> Debian is IMHO a great distro but the installer has a few too  many
> rough edges for me to recommend it to a complete beginner.  This may
> of course change with the next release which was meant to be last
> Friday (3.0r2 I believe).

This is only a point release from 3.0r1 so will only contain security
updates or minor fixes and won't have a new installer.

Sarge is in preparation for a release although it's anyone's guess when
that will happen or what state the installer will be in when it does
release.

Simon

--
... "I know what I wrote Mulder. I also know that the laws of physics would
    permit the theoretical possibility of time travel but the limits of