[Nottingham] NLUG Next Meeting(s) & web page

Michael Erskine Michael.Erskine at JASMIN.PLC.UK
Fri Nov 28 10:31:09 GMT 2003

Jon wrote:

> On a few occasions recently I have talked to people about
> organising an
> Embedded Systems event with the UKUUG or somesuch and I would like to
> arrange to give some talks for background preperation and
> because there
> are probably some people who would like to see funky hardware.
> At some point I can even show off some *really* interesting
> stuff nobody
> will have seen but for commercial reasons that is a few months away.
> *** Please drop me a line if reading this inspires anyone to get
> involved with organising or hosting such an event ***...

POW! -- I love embedded Linux on cute little boxes - plus I get to
develop apps for them if I find one cute enough (and cheap enough to put
on every bus and bus stop in Dundee :)

> The perl talks look quite interesting.
>
> [ I had some expert tuition on the fundamentals of playing Go
> from Simon
> Cozens of perl fame earlier on this evening. That was quite fun. ]

I'd like to contribute to a Perl talk. I'm a failed Perl evangelist (too
enthusiastic - people steer away from me because I'm like a religious
maniac in the street) so I'm not too helpful in spreading the Perl good
news. I'm still shy of Perl 6 (I have too much running on Perl 5.6 to
even move up to 5.8) but I found one of Simon's talks on Perl 6
internals to be quite amazing (Dr Dobbs Little Languages Workshop).

Michael Erskine.