[Nottingham] Testing (help!) Postfix and multidrop fetchmail

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 1 00:33:03 2003

Robert Davies wrote:
> On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 18:38, Martin wrote:
>
>>Can some kind soul send a direct email so that I can compare headers?
>

> No, just a nasty soul ;)

Thanks for the emails folks.

At least the present config is working as intended even if I do need to
carefully reread the 'localdomains', 'aka' and 'envelope' of fetchmail
and their interaction for the domains postfix thinks its fixing...

Setting localdomains and the postfix domain lets fetchmail retrieve
multidrop mail ok and keep local mail local to this machine. Good.

The maillist doesn't work because there's nothing for fetchmail to use
to redirect the mail! (There's LOTs of other junk spewed in there by
mailman and by my IP name host...)

Now 90% sorted... May well have to give up on the mail lists bit.

Thanks,

martin@ml1.co.uk