[Nottingham] details details

.waffle nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 16:17:04 2003

Robert Davies wrote:
|| On Tuesday 02 Sep 2003 15:00, Martin wrote:
||| Robert Postill wrote:
||| Just wanting to be prepared to avoid dissappointing the potential new
||| initiates. Something for discussion as to how to gently handle those
||| that turn up with full kit wanting to be converted...
|| Knoppix CD?

How about ClusterKnoppix? ClusterKnoppix is exactly the same as Knoppix,
except for one small detail - it has a terminal server that you can start.
You can then either use a boot disk or PXE to boot up other machines into an
X environment, and not onlt that, use their CPU time for the server,
essentially making a Beowolf cluster! However, my copy is now in several
pieces (I sat on it while it was in my back pocket) and so someone will need
to download it... Interested?

.waffle