[Nottingham] details details

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 16:30:02 2003

.waffle wrote:

>How about ClusterKnoppix? ClusterKnoppix is exactly the same as Knoppix,
>except for one small detail - it has a terminal server that you can start.
>You can then either use a boot disk or PXE to boot up other machines into an
>X environment, and not onlt that, use their CPU time for the server,
>essentially making a Beowolf cluster! However, my copy is now in several
>pieces (I sat on it while it was in my back pocket) and so someone will need
>to download it... Interested?
>
>.waffle

While I'm sure we'll find aliens/cure diseases with cluster computing
I'm stumped as to why I'd inflict a tcluster computing solution on man
with 486...perhaps he'll need to connect his single machine to the
internet and other itinerant victims in the creation of SkyNET.

Or perhaps not. :)

Shall we stick to suggestions (preferably burnt onto CD then hauled to
meeting) of desktop oriented distros?
Robert.