[Nottingham] US warns nuke plants of worm threat - OS ?

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 4 13:47:00 2003

On Thursday 04 Sep 2003 10:59, David Ginger wrote:

> > <cluestick>"the Slammer-induced failures"</cluestick>
> I would hope that if they are using an ultra stable copy of *nix.

No a too stable copy of 'doze, Slammer was an IIS problem, no?  It's an
example of why online updates are important, if there's any communication
with outside world.

   "The troubled plant had been offline since early 2002, when workers
discovered a 6-by-5-inch hole in the plant's reactor head."

Some worm to munch it's way through that ;)

Rob