[Nottingham] iteraid 8212 module & unse

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 18:26:01 2003

Hi,

Please send me these:

/usr/src/linux-2.4/.config
/usr/src/linux-2.4/vmlinux
/usr/src/linux-2.4/System.map
iteraid.o

*** to jcm@printk.net and not the list or my personal address ***.

I have downloaded the source for the ideraid driver and have to admit the
whole thing is unpleasant in that they like to ship binary only drivers.

I want to rule out a couple of sanity issues such as whether you have a
configuration issue with your kernel before fixing the build for you.

The iteraid driver appears particularly unstable in that inserting it in
to a machine without an ITE RAID card causes the machine to require a
reboot in order to remove the module again - this does not encourage
trusting this driver with critical system data so perhaps you might also
consider whether you do.

Jon.