[Nottingham] Ultra-5's (was: Sun's financial support for SCO (12% of SCO's revenue))

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 10:03:00 2003

On Wednesday 17 Sep 2003 09:45, Michael Erskine wrote:
> > Thinking of passing-on/selling it?  Somebody in the LUG might
> > pay up...
>
> Well, I'd be happy to part with it - I'll ask management.

I doubt they'd be so happy, if they sell, then they'd have to book the loss,
rather than let it invisibly depreciate over 3 or 5 years, they also may fear
sale due to potential future liabilities.  Accountant's logic, lead to me
having to keep expensive laser printers in lofts, and storage, out of use to
save on maintenance contracts, but still officially an asset to help the
bottom line.

Rob