[Nottingham] iteraid 8212 [WAS Sun SCO thread ]

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 10:22:05 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jon Masters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me if the kernel you sent me does actually correspond with the
> configuration file in /usr/src/linux and if you built that kernel.
>
> I am not convinced.
>
> Jon.

Hi,

Apologies for typing faster than the mail client was updating and replying
to the wrong thread.

I also need the vmlinux as mentioned in my original response file from
/usr/src/linux rather than the vmlinuz file that I have been sent as it is
stripped and has a loader prefixed. My suspicion is that
your kernel Simon does not match with the one in /usr/src/linux.

Feel free to send a tarball of your kernel to jcm@printk.net if you like.

Jon.

P.S. I am going out now so will look later.