[Nottingham] Stop Verisign DNS Abuse

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 10:36:01 2003

On Thursday 18 Sep 2003 10:05, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Robert Davies wrote:

> A number of us are in the process of applying DNS fixes to patch Verisign
> brainscrew but do you think Verisign are this insane or doing a SCO?
>
> [ i.e. they are going to annoying increase their annoyance for the next
>   few months and then go bankrupt? This is probably wishful thinking now. ]

It'd take talent to go bankrupt with such a monopoly.  Seems like some suit's
pet idea, to 'monetize the full potential of Verisign's assets' to me.  Won't
a fix in software followed by IETF edict that wildcards in tld's are against
the DNS protocol solve it?

Or do you think Verisign will try a corporate free-speech defense and sue
ISP's who sanitise the DNS records?

Rob