[Nottingham] Future events

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 22:47:00 2003

Me again!

Two things relating to future events..

As people may have gathered, we've got this 'ere Linux
Awareness day rapidly approaching.

To help encourage people to come along and join in I'd
like to get a few more things on the Calendar.

As it stands we have:
November
	"The limits of Freedom" - a discussion/debate
	although I've not thought about it any more than that.

December
	Social

Following on usual form that gives us (at least):
	Jan , Mar , May , Jul , Sep , Nov

as meetings in 2004.

I would like to at least fill the January and March
slots ahead of the awareness day.

So, can we have people's requests / ideas / 2p's worth etc.

My thoughts so far are, make one of them 'geeky' and the
other 'not so geeky'.
Maybe:
(If Graeme has those 6 PC's) ready we could have fun
with a Beowulf cluster for one of them

and an NCC-1701-E what's what session (apache, php,
perl, my/postgresql) for the other.

The second issue is that as Fiona goes back to work in November
I'm not going to be able to get to Wednesday meets before
20:00ish for the forceable future.

This is fine for socials but maybe not so good for meetings.
Solutions are, accept I won't get there 'til 20:00ish or move
meetings to a Monday night.  Thoughts from the meeting attendees
appreciated.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,