[Nottingham] Opensource devel environment?

Robert Davies rob_davies at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 25 17:01:41 BST 2003

On Thursday 25 Sep 2003 15:41, David Luff wrote:
> Java app, and requires jre >= 1.4 to get the mouse scroll wheel working.
> At one point I wished to try out a soundfile editor written in Java, but
> no-go, jre < 1.2 was specified.  There's just no way that two completely
> unrelated, fairly non-complex apps shouldn't be able to co-exist.

You can install multiple JVM's, and do the appropriate environment magic, but
there's no way I'd like to explain that either to end-user's.  Just think
about all the bleating about failed dependancies, when folk try to install
rpm's they download, nevermind forcing them to install a particular JVM and
whatever else needed by the class libraries.

Rob