[Nottingham] Re: CyberKit

Robert Davies rob_davies at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 26 12:24:37 BST 2003

On Thursday 25 Sep 2003 21:40, Colin Saxton wrote:

> them through a patching process. To date we have succesfully forced 23,000
> + customers through this process.

Being a cynic (especially when it comes to NTL claims after encounter with
their commercial sales-support guy in past), I wondered if the 'honeypot' was
a load of BS.  But it's backed up by this post in ntl.support.broadband.cm
group

Rob

Hi Group
Just letting you know what happend to my connection today, was using my
connection today as normal a 1meg and i went to make a cuppa and when i got
back......my connection was dead, so i shut down the PC and unplugged the
modem, waited a min or two and powered up the modem again and i had no SYNC
or RDY light on the modem, and i always keep my firewall and antivirus upto
date and even the file from NTL website as i run windows XP, so i rang NTL
on 0845 650 0125 and was told because i run XP to ring 0845 650 0925
then when i got through i did not get chance to say what the problem was! i
was just asked if i had a file in add\remove called windows xp hotfix ??????
then asked to goto task manager to see if i had a number of files (checking
to see if i had a virus) and i did not, the guy then said virus free i will
put you through, at that i noticed my SYNC and RDY light come on the modem
and everything was working 100% again so i did not hang on the line to tell
them my problem was fixed,
Just think that NTL are doing a good job for a change to try and combat this
surge of worms that are doing the rounds on NTL home machines as they must
be now checking PC by PC to try and get rid of the problem on ntl home users
computers.
WELL DONE NTL.