[Nottingham] M$ security campaign

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Sat Sep 27 10:10:22 BST 2003

On Saturday 27 Sep 2003 09:15, Peter Woods wrote:
> Sorry. I should make it clear that M$ are
> telling us to setup the XP built-in firewall
> and buy a virus scanner.

Which doesn't solve the problem for the many people still running
Windows 98. As usual, the solution proposed by M$ to any problem is to
pay them to upgrade.  :-(

BTW, my exposed friend now has ZoneAlarm and the latest version of
McAfee installed as well as all the Win98 security updates. ZoneAlarm
was indicating a large number of intrusion attempts: one of the joys of
an ntl broadband connection, no doubt.

--
Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net>